Our return and exchange policy:
Tails in the City wants you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return your purchase to us in its original and unused condition within 30 days of receipt for a full merchandise exchange or refund.
We allow one complimentary exchange per item. You will be charged a restocking fee of $12 to cover shipping and handling on any additional exchanges. We do not accept returns or exchanges COD and we do not reimburse shipping charges.
Please ship your return/exchange to the following address:Tails in the City
One East Delaware Place
Please include your packing receipt with a detailed explanation for your return or exchange. We highly recommend you request insurance and delivery tracking when shipping your return or exchange to us. Unfortunately, we are unable to issue refunds or exchanges on any merchandise sent back to us after 30 days of receipt of original purchase. All returns and exchanges must be in their original and unused condition. We cannot accept returns or exchanges on any used or worn merchandise. Please note all toys, beds, carriers, custom orders, bakery items, and clearance/sale items are considered a final sale and cannot be exchanged or refunded for any reason.
Please measure your pet carefully. If you have questions regarding sizing, please contact us via email at email@example.com
. We will be happy to assist you.Methods of Payment
We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept personal checks or money orders on any e-commerce purchases.Sales Tax
Illinois residents will be charged sales tax on all purchases.Shipping
A flat rate $6.95 ground shipping charge applies to all standard purchases. Please note the following exceptions apply:
- Beds, furniture, & oversized and overweight items are not considered standard purchases and additional shipping charges may apply.
- Tails in the City will notify you of any additional shipping charges prior to being charged.
- $6.95 ground shipping also applies to clearance, sale, and promotional items except where noted.
- Exchange items may require an additional $6.95 ground shipping charge.
- $6.95 ground shipping only applies to the contiguous 48 United States. Orders being shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, and to all international destinations will be charged additional shipping charges.
- Need it in a hurry? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at 1-800-266-1118. We will let you know if your item is in stock and will gladly help arrange for expedited delivery.
Tails in the City ships all domestic orders via UPS ground, FedEx ground, or Priority Mail service. Standard delivery time is 10 to 14 days on all in-stock merchandise. Merchandise sent directly from our vendors may take longer. Oversize items may require additional shipping and handling fees. You will be notified of any additional charges prior to being charged.
It is your responsibility to provide us with an address that can accept UPS or FedEx deliveries. If you will not be at your shipping address to sign for your package, we suggest you have your package shipped to your workplace or to an alternate address where someone will be able to sign for it. Tails in the City cannot be responsible for the loss or any damages to packages delivered without a signature.
Tails in the City will gladly ship around the world. Items being shipped internationally may require additional shipping charges. You will be notified of any additional shipping charges prior to being charged. Tails in the City is not responsible for any customs charges, taxes, or duties that may apply to your order. These charges are determined by each individual country at the time your purchase is delivered. Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for loss or damage to packages being shipped internationally. Please note, customers are responsible for including complete and accurate address information on all orders.
If we are unable to successfully deliver your package(s) due to customer refusal, customer negligence, or incomplete shipping information and your package is returned to us we will attempt to contact you via phone and/or email if provided. If we do not get a response within ten (10) days, you will be charged a 30% restocking fee in addition to being charged the appropriate shipping charges. All orders that require re-shipping at the request of the customer, will be charged for additional shipping.Sizing
Determining the appropriate size for your pet will be based upon how your animal is built. Each breed has particular characteristics that will influence the appropriate size for your pet. Please read all product descriptions carefully. All collars, harnesses, and pet apparel are sized in inches. Sizing may vary based upon the manufacturers individual specifications. We recommend you use the following guidelines:click for size chart
For collar sizing, we suggest you measure loosely around your pet's neck. If you are measuring your existing collar, measure end to end on quick release collars and measure from the buckle to the hole you use on collars with traditional buckle hardware.
For harness sizing, in addition to measuring around the neck, we suggest you measure around the body.
For apparel sizing, we suggest you measure from the base of the neck where the collar sits to the base of the tail. Apparel sizing is usually shown in inches. For example a 10" tee would fit a dog that measures at least 10" from the base of the neck to the base of the tail.
We recommend you round up to the next size if your measurement is at or near the maximum range. Take into consideration how your pet is built. A broad chest, wide underside, or thick coat will affect your size choice. If you have additional questions on sizing, please contact email@example.com
before placing your order. We will be happy to assist you.
What information do we collect?
How do we use your information?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
How do we protect visitor information?
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Haas Emigh, LLC. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).Changes to our policy
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.Online Policy Only
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions
section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.Your consent